Free Advice on Central Arbitration Committee Claims

By: Chris Callaghan

What is the CAC?

The CAC is the Central Arbitration Committee who resolve complaints in England, Scotland and Wales relating to disputes regarding information and consultation of employees, recognition and derecognition of a trade union, information that should be disclosed for collective bargaining and European Works Councils.

How does it work?

The CAC receives applications from employees, employee representatives and other interested parties relating to the statutory recognition of trade unions and matters relating to trade unions.

Does it have a statutory basis?

The Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992 (TULR(C)A, Employment Relations Act 1999, The Transnational Information and Consultation of Employees Regulations 1999 and Employment Relations Act 2004 all give rise to the general powers contained within the CAC.

When dealing with voluntary arbitration on a trade despute via ACAS: The European Public Limited-Liability Company (Employee Involvement) (Great Britain) Regulations 2009, the European Cooperative Society (Involvement of Employees) Regulations 2006, The Companies (Cross Border Mergers) Regulations 2007.

What can we do to help?

We can provide representation, advice and support for Central Arbitration Committee claims

For your free advice, call Employers Direct now on 0800 144 4050.

  • 24 hour, 7 days a week FREE advice service for employers
  • Trusted by over 28,500 clients nationwide
  • A CAC advice service for businesses